'98 Burb: Intermittant "Check Gauges" light?

1998 Suburban K1500/5.7L, 120,000 miles.
Just started this morning.
There's only three gauges on this thing besides 'Fuel' and they all look like they're showing the usual values.
Anybody know what triggers a "Check Gauges" light?
--
PeteCresswell

Obviously any gauge that went out of the normal range would trigger this, also the warning lites, even if they flashed momentarily and you may not have noticed.

-
TOP POST!!!!!! Usually check gauges light comes on when your low on fuel.... Was your Burb low on gas when this happened? Below a 1/4 of a tank is certian to set it off....Even if you think there is still enough... S Cook Re: '98 Burb: Intermittant "Check Gauges" light? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Jun 3, 2005, 4:44pm (CDT+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@capital.net (Shep) Obviously any gauge that went out of the normal range would trigger this, also the warning lites, even if they flashed momentarily and you may not have noticed.
1998 Suburban K1500/5.7L, 120,000 miles. Just started this morning. There's only three gauges on this thing besides 'Fuel' and they all look like they're showing the usual values. Anybody know what triggers a "Check Gauges" light?
--
PeteCresswell
I have never seen a "Check Gauge" Light...Maybe a Burnt Out Bulb??...Also Steve We all get "Low Fuel" Light Warning when we get below a certin point...But OP would like to know what would cause a "Check Gauge" Light....Pete when you do find out..Let us all know Thanks and good luck Iron

No on a 98 low fuel will set off a check gauges light..Also will low voltage, low oil pressure ...Thats what its telling you to do is check the gauges.....If have a bad fuel level sensor the CHECK GAUGES light will come on intermittently....Funny I have a 98 Burb and I don't have a low fuel light...As a matter of fact that is what was wrong with mine...Hmmmm dont know mine might be alien but if your trying to make me look like a stupidass ya need to do your homework....
Proud Member of the Ignorant Redneck Assoc...
S Cook
Re: '98 Burb: Intermittant "Check Gauges" light? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Jun 4, 2005, 10:09am (CDT+2:30) From: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Ironworker) I have never seen a "Check Gauge" Light...Maybe a Burnt Out Bulb??...Also Steve We all get "Low Fuel" Light Warning when we get below a certin point...But OP would like to know what would cause a "Check Gauge" Light....Pete when you do find out..Let us all know Thanks and good luck Iron
1998 Suburban K1500/5.7L, 120,000 miles. Just started this morning. There's only three gauges on this thing besides 'Fuel' and they all look like they're showing the usual values. Anybody know what triggers a "Check Gauges" light?
--
PeteCresswell

Also a burnt out bulb wont do anything....
Per Steve Cook:

I'm starting to suspect something to do with the cooling sys.
Going through a toll gate yesterday, I caught it in the act: the thermo was maxed.
Preceeding that was about 2.5 hours crawling in a traffic jam, a 30-minuite dinner break, and about 20 minutes at a steady 60-65 mph.
After pulling out of the gate and crossing a bridge at abour 45 mph, I could actually see the gauge falling until it came to rest at the usual temp.
--
PeteCresswell

Per Ironworker:

Slow leak at the heater control valve.