98'chev cheyenne 6.5 TD stalling?

Hey, my truck has a habit of stalling occasionally, usually during damp weather like if it is raining or snowing heavily. When it stalls, the gage and battery warning lights flash and the steering and brakes lock up.
I've had the truck to the dealer but they couldn't determine what causes this. Any ideas?