98 Chevy Cab Leak

My 1998 Chevy Silverado has a water leak on the passenger side floor board of the cab coming from the firewall and fan motor areas when it rains really hard and when the truck is in a certain slope position while it's raining. I have tried everything I know to find the leak and can't seem to pin point it. I was going to have the window re-sealed but the glass guy said that it wasn't the window causing it.

I should let you know it's not from the heater core nor are any of the drain areas clogged. I have read earlier comments from July 2003 post entitled "98 Chevy cab water leaks" which states a screw in the cowl area that could be causing this but for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what their exactly referring to. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? And not to sound dumb but what exactly is the cowl?

Thanks JC

Reply to
jcronker

In my '01 Silverado that had exactly the same symptoms it was the door weatherstriping. Mine needed to be reglued.

Reply to
Lance LaFrinier

Had a problem like that on my 98 century. Would only do it if parked up hill in my driveway at my old house. Dealer couldn't find the problem for 6 months. Then finally I was looking at another century with the service writer and we both noticed my car had a small seal missing!

After replacing it, the problem went away. The service writter was embarrised it took that long for them to figure it out. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig