98 jimmy speaker question

Hello all,
I want to install speakers into the top dash area where factory speakers were not installed. I opened the covers and found wiring and tested them ,
they work. what size fits into the opening or how do I measure them.
Thanks for your help.
Dave Utell

It's going to be a 3.5" but you will have to modify the heating duct work unless you buy them from the dealer as the factory speakers are MUCH shallower then aftermarket