"98 S-10 4x4 , 4Lo but no 4HI ,Hmm?

any first thought about what might be causing the 4x4 Hi not to work ,stays in 2 Hi....However , the 4 Lo does work just fine whenever I place it into Neutral at first as properly required. Haven't taken it
in to a shop or discussed this with anyone else as I had just noticed this the other day. Thanks everyone!!!