98 S-10 4x4 auto trans swap question

I have a 98 S-10 4X4, 4.3 liter with an auto xmsn (4L60E) - it's suffering the typical ills everyone sees, time to replace. I have access to a 97 S-10 Blazer 4X4 4.3 liter xmsn for a reasonable price. My
question: Are the transmissions interchangeable?? Looking at the rebuilders sites they generally reference 94-97 and then 98 separate. If I can swap 'em out I'm good to go, if it's a PIA, or they are not interchangeable, I need to go a different direction.
Have a safe New Years!
--

Steve Sharp
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net