98 Sierra Door Handle Replacement

Anybody ever replace the outer door handle on anything similar to my truck? Do you have to remove the glass? I've had the door inner panel out and there seems to not be enough
room to do this fix. Thanks for any help.
Ken
--
"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will
promote the General

Local body man told me that the answer to this question is yes.
ko