98 suburban i need shocks / what should i buy

I have a 98 k1500 4x4 suburban, and i am driving to mexico next month for georgia. what are the best shocks around for the money in the 30-55$ price range( a piece). I would like to stay under 200 bucks. i would love to raise it

2-2-1/2 inchs,but it is a family car and needs to be smooth ride most of all. any suggestions?
Reply to
bendecker

I have Bilstein shocks that I paid about $40 a piece for. They've been on my '93 4x4 Silverado for about 3 years and still feel nice and tight. They take a lot of punishment off-road, but still feel nice on pavement.

-Derek

georgia. what are the best shocks around for the money in the 30-55$ price range( a piece). I would like to stay under 200 bucks. i would love to raise it 2-2-1/2 inchs,but it is a family car and needs to be smooth ride most of all. any suggestions?

Reply to
Derek Schwartz

Where did you get a set of bilsteins for forty a piece

Reply to
bendecker

I got them at a local chain auto parts store. I can't remember if it was Checker or AutoZone. I usually go to Checker, so it was probably there...

Reply to
Derek Schwartz