98 Suburban Starting Problem Returns

Our 98 Suburban K1500 has had a starting problem only twice so far. The first time it happened was about a year ago and then again this past weekend.
What happens is when you go to start the truck it will start-up fine for a few seconds then just quit. It will keep repeating this "start-up then die" sequence for about 2 hours when then finally it will start like normal. The worst part of this is that it does not give any Check Engine codes to help determine the cause. After this happens the truck runs like a top, but in the back of my mind I know it will happen again at some unopportune time 500 miles from home and on Sunday.
This Suburban has the 5.7L gas engine and about 82,000 miles and is very well maintained.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem may be??? My thoughts are a computer glitch or possibly a dirty ignition switch...but wouldn't these problems be fairly consistent??
Thanks!
Mike S. Kalamazoo, MI
Mine was the fuel pump.

first guess would be the fuel pump