98 Tahoe Brake Lights

Anyone, I have a 98 Tahoe and I am having trouble with the brake lights. When the key is turned forward, but the engine is not running they work. However, when the engine is running, the brake lights do not work. I
have checked/replaced all the fuses, and still no luck. Any suggestions?
Wes
Make sure all bulbs are good...one goes bad...goofy things can happen.
Also, pull the rear lenses off and check that the printed circuit boards where the bulbs push in are not burned on the contacts. Clean them good and re-grease. Put new bulbs if you are in doubt.
I had to replace the circuit boards on my 99...I think they were about 60 each.
skimmer