98 Z71 auto transmission slamming into second gear????

I've had this truck going on 5 years, and every 6 months or so, I'll put it into drive and take off and the truck slams into second gear? I'll stop at a sign and take off again, and it will keep doing it..Then it will stop and not do it again for months? Should I be freaking out? It will do it at a very slow speed also.. It just "jerks" into second gear.... Any thoughts?

Reply to
chevychase

David Johnson

Reply to
Kevin Smith

We have a '97 Z71 and the day we bought it back in 1999 it did this and we took it back to the dealership and they fixed it, so yes i would go to the dealer to get it fixed before it causes more problems. Transmission is getting ready to go.

Reply to
Jeannie Smith