99 5.7 into a 93 suburban.

Hi, I am thinking about trying to put a 99 5.7 vortec engine into a 93 suburban, I know I will have to get a vortec tbi intake to keep my TBI, can anyone tell me if the rest of my stuff will just bolt on, or do I have to swap out alot of other stuff as well? I know that the timing chain cover it totally different however the rest looks alike, can i use the harmonic balancer from the 93 on the 99 or not how about the flex plate is it the same or different. Thanks, Pat.

Reply to
Pat Vickers

You'll need and exhaust manifold for the driver side with an EGR tube that can be had from Jim Pace Performance (can't remember the part number. Is this a '99 block? If so, then you should be ok with heat by-passes. If old block, then you may need a 1/8" hole in the t-stat flange.

May need an EPROM made up for the higher efficiency engine/heads combo. You will be doing some fabricating for your throttle cable, and detent cable I imagine.

I'm still thinking about if you will need anything else... Can anyone else think of something I'm forgetting?

ORANGE paint from your local NAPA dealer. If the engine is coming out of the truck, then do what GM didn't do and paint the thing the RIGHT color. Otherwise, paint to be color matched with the truck (unless black, then see the original color comment).

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

I have a set of exaust manifolds for that engine from a 99 Tahoe 5.7 vortec if you're interested. They ar in perfect shape, just off my truck.

Carl G>

Reply to
Carl & Lisa Griffith