99 Blazer 4x4 wheel bearing

Hello,
99 blazer 4x4, driver's side front wheel bearing is growling.
Called the dealership and they gave me an estimate of approx $450 to fix.
I guess this is a sealed unit and they have to replace the whole hub.
I was just wondering, is there any way around this (other than junkyard, won't go there) or is this a fair price to pay?
TIA, John