99 burban code

OK....have had a service engine soon light on in my 99 K1500 Suburban 4x4 for sometime now. Took it to AutoZone to have scanned. They scanned and gave me a code of P0430 and said that could be everything from a catalytic
converter to a loose muffler clamp! Lot of good that did! Can anyone narrow that code down more or help my narrow it down?
First of all these are not techs at AZ, they read codes and that is it.You will need to have a " real " scan done by a qualified tech to look at o2 sensor readings on a graphing type scanner, the code refers to cat bank 2 which should be passenger side cat if you have 2. A bad pre or post cat sensor could cause this, as well as a bad cat. There are other issues much morewinvolved that can set this code also.

-

Strange, I get a camshaft position sensor error for that code. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

Nope, bank2 cat efficiency below threshold.
On Tue, 02 May 2006 00:38:58 GMT, aarcuda69062

Not on my scanner codes. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com

I guess you have a problem then.
SAE defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. (since it is a P0 code, it is SAE defined ) My Mitchell On Demand defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. AllData at the shop up the street defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. My GM OBD2 factory training manuals define it as a bank 2 efficiency code. My aftermarket OBD2 training manuals define it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. i-ATN defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code Pages and pages of Googling P0430 point it out to be a bank 2 cat efficiency code.
So, 'zactly what blinky doo-dad it telling you it's a cam position sensor code? And while we're at it, what does your blinky doo-dad define a P0420 as?
AAR you are right .
wrote:

-