99 chev p0440 a code

what is wrong and how do i fix it

thanks

Reply to
tinbashers

P0440 Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction

The first th> what is wrong and how do i fix it

Reply to
JB

Agree! You sure that the gas cap wasn't loose. It happens almost everytime my wife puts gas in my Brub or her rice-burning Nissen. I have a code reader, so I just plug it in an do a reset. I think you can reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but then you have to reset the clock etc.

Reply to
Diamond Jim