99 chev p0440 a code

what is wrong and how do i fix it
thanks

P0440 Evaporative Emission Control System Malfunction
The first thing I would look at is the gas cap.
tinbashers wrote:

Agree! You sure that the gas cap wasn't loose. It happens almost everytime my wife puts gas in my Brub or her rice-burning Nissen. I have a code reader, so I just plug it in an do a reset. I think you can reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, but then you have to reset the clock etc.
--
Diamond Jim
"The Old Devil Dog"