99 GMC yukon 5.7

Hello
My 99 yukon 5.7 has been consuming about 1 1/2 quarts per 3000 miles. Is this common? I have inspected the engine for leaks and haven't found any. There is no noise coming from the engine and the truck
seems to run fine. Also, there is no smoke (blue) coming from the tailpipe that I can see. Is anyone having this issue and is it common to use that much oil? The truck has 133,000 miles on it and is in perfect condition otherwise. The dealer has changed my oil since I bought it with 33,000 mile on it. I have run Mobil 1 in it since day one.
Thanks Brian

level every time you fill with gas to insure your vehicle hasn't started using more.
BTW, you won't see blue smoke when burning such a small amount of oil. You don't see the smoke until it uses a quart ever 500 to 800 miles.

I agree that it is not excessive but if he changed to 10w30 instead of 5w30 he would likely see a slight decrease in oil consumption. Syn or not, 5w30 is kinda thin for a worn engine especailly in hot weather. Also, that engine has vlave gudie seal issues and replacing them would help sometimes too. If a engine uses a quart of oil every 3000 or 4000 miles, I do not even consider it to be "burning it". ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com