99 GMC Yukon - Blown ECM 1 fuse

Hello,
I have a 99 GMC Yukon. The ECM 1 fuse blows every couple of weeks. I replaced the fuel pump at the suggestion of my mechanic, yet I am still having problems with the fuse blowing while driving down the road every so
often. Any ideas?
Thanks, Jason
I had the ECM fuze blow on my 92 K1500k, turned out to be one of the wires feeding the injectors grounding out on the air clearner housing.
On the 92 model and similar year models the 4 wires that feed the two TBI injectors can get crimped between the air clener housing and the throttle body...over time they can ground out. I would have never given this much thought before, but when it happend to me I asked around and sure enough its a common problem. (at least to the GM mechanics).
I too repalced my fuel pump on a roll of the dice "fix", which was worth doing but did not fix the problem.
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 21:32:18 -0500, "Jason Norred"

--
Elbert Clarke
elbert.clarke@**adelphia.net

AHHH! A wire that went down to the crankshaft position sensor was randomly touching the exhaust manifold and grounding out. Easy fix! Should have checked that before replacing the fuel pump. Oh well... lesson learned!