99 Jimmy 4x4 problem

Ok, I have a problem with my truck, the Transfer case control module keeps dying on me I've replaced it once with a salvage yard one, for some reason
it will work about two weeks than it just goes out again. when it goes out, I have no lights on the dash and I dont hear it click when I turn on the ignition switch. I talked to someone they told me my encoder motor could be bad, how could I tell that?? When the 4x4 did work it shifted fine in and out of all ranges. I have the NP8 transfer case.
no one has any suggestions?!??

Is it a S-series truck?
-- -------------------------------------------------------------- When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
Don Farr Roswell NM 88203 D-farr AT cableone DOT net
http://forums.s-series.org / --------------------------------------------------------------
I have a problem with my truck, the Transfer case control module keeps <BR>dying on me I've replaced it once with a salvage yard one, for some reason <BR>it will work about two weeks than it just goes out again.&nbsp; when it goes out, <BR>I have no lights on the dash and I dont hear it click when I turn on the <BR>ignition switch.&nbsp;&nbsp; I talked to someone they told me my encoder motor could <BR>be bad, how could I tell that??&nbsp; When the 4x4 did work it shifted fine in <BR>and out of all ranges. I have the NP8 transfer case.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
yes
I have a problem with my truck, the Transfer case control module keeps <BR>dying on me I've replaced it once with a salvage yard one, for some reason <BR>it will work about two weeks than it just goes out again.&nbsp; when it goes out, <BR>I have no lights on the dash and I dont hear it click when I turn on the <BR>ignition switch.&nbsp;&nbsp; I talked to someone they told me my encoder motor could <BR>be bad, how could I tell that??&nbsp; When the 4x4 did work it shifted fine in <BR>and out of all ranges. I have the NP8 transfer case.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
You will get a lot more and correct answers at http://forums.s-series.org/ because its a common problem.Just find the Drivetrain section and ask in there.
-- -------------------------------------------------------------- When Religion ruled the world , they called it the dark ages...
Don Farr Roswell NM 88203 D-farr AT cableone DOT net
I have a problem with my truck, the Transfer case control module keeps <BR>dying on me I've replaced it once with a salvage yard one, for some reason <BR>it will work about two weeks than it just goes out again.&nbsp; when it goes out, <BR>I have no lights on the dash and I dont hear it click when I turn on the <BR>ignition switch.&nbsp;&nbsp; I talked to someone they told me my encoder motor could <BR>be bad, how could I tell that??&nbsp; When the 4x4 did work it shifted fine in <BR>and out of all ranges. I have the NP8 transfer case.<BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=