99 K1500 burb

hello group,
we have 99 K1500, with approx. 75K miles. Looking at replacing the shocks with a set of Gabriel max control monotube's. Any opinions regarding these?
pretty straight forward to do the replacement myself, (with a buddy helping?). Are there other items that should be replaced accompanying the shocks?
Also, I'm starting to notice the coolant in the overflow reservoir has been going down. Can only imagine that the dreaded intake manifold gasket is creeping up? What would it run to have that replaced? I saw some recent threads about this, and folks were recommending a specific gasket brand.
For the record, had the tranny worked on at 41K. 4L60e, and GM picked it up free, (since I only had the 36K mile warranty).
Alternator went out at around 55K.
Water pump replaced at 65K, (or so).
thanx for your help.

worked (knock on wood!) The coolant is still good. The fuel pump hasn't gone yet, but I expect it to. I had to change a window regulator at about 100k. Even the dang DRL's lasted 2 years (almost to the day!) I don't have piston slap, either. Its hard to believe but I think I got one of the good ones!
<snip>

LUCKY!!!! :-)