99 Silverado 4.3 Fan Belt

Hi All, The fan belt on my 99 Silverado 4.3L squeal only when damp outside. The belt appears to be in good condition. I heard a rumor that the stock belt tensioner goes
bad early on this year engine. Does anyone know about this? Thanks, Barry
message

yes
If it is similar to the same tensioner that is on my 92 with the 4.3 then yup it will go bad. Oh yeah if the belt goes the tensioner will most likely go with it. there is a little cast aluminum stud on the back that breaks off right nicely.