99 Silverado 4x4 6 liter fuel

I am thinking about running E85 fuel in my truck. From what I have read it burns cleaner and cost less. Was told only problem was if temp got below 60
degrees would have to start on gas and then to e85. E85 is 85 percent corn alcohol and 15 percent Gasoline. I have a plant 5 miles from my house that sells it. Now is $1.45 gal They talk about converting an old gas carborator engine is simple. Why wouldn't it work with fuel injection? Thanks Guys

It's illegal to run an alternate fuel in vehicles that are not equipped by the factory to do so. The violation is because the federal emission systems on your vehicle will not function correctly on anything but gasoline.
Brian