99 Silverado ABS Problem

I put my 99 Silverado Z71 in reverse this morning to back out of my driveway and heard a buzzing noise, like the sound you here when your ABS brakes are
actuating. I looked at the dash and my ABS light was on. I mashed the brakes a few times hoping it was just something sticking and would break loose but it didn't. I parked it and shut it off and the noise still remained. I got underneath it and saw a small motor on the driverside, inside the frame rail, that was running. I tapped it a few times with a wrench and it still wouldn't stop. I ended up unplugging the battery. Any ideas what I might be looking at? Anyone had this problem before?
As usual, a very common problem. Your ABS module has gone out. I don't think it can be repaired, only replaced. If I remember correctly, it costs about $600 to fix at the dealer.
In the meantime, unplug the ABS fuse under the hood. Keep in mind though that this disables ABS altogether.
That really sucks.
| I put my 99 Silverado Z71 in reverse this morning to back out of my driveway | and heard a buzzing noise, like the sound you here when your ABS brakes are | actuating. I looked at the dash and my ABS light was on. I mashed the | brakes a few times hoping it was just something sticking and would break | loose but it didn't. I parked it and shut it off and the noise still | remained. I got underneath it and saw a small motor on the driverside, | inside the frame rail, that was running. I tapped it a few times with a | wrench and it still wouldn't stop. I ended up unplugging the battery. Any | ideas what I might be looking at? Anyone had this problem before? | |
"Trail Shredder" wrote

See the other post by ~~AAJakeleg.....it is your ABS module. There is a relay that happens to be an integral part of the module, and it has stuck in the on position. You have to replace the module.
Ian
Check out http://www.circuitsolutions.info /. They will repair your module for $100