99 Silverado dash paint

I had some stickers on my dash (to keep a GPS on it) and when I peeled them off the dash paint came up with it! Apparently underneath the grey pain is black dashboard.

Anyone know if chevy sells touch up paint for this?

thanks. c

The vinyl dashpad is painted with a flattener in the paint so that glare will not be a problem for the driver. You cannot purchase touch up paint at a parts store to restore the paint. However, find a local automotive paint supply store (one that supplies paint for body shops). You can purchase cans of compressed air that will screw to a disposable paint container. These cans of compressed air have a siphon nozzle at the bottom just like a can of spray paint would have.

The paint supply store can mix a pint or quart of the paint color you need, put the flattener and flex agent in it and away you go. just pour the paint in the disposable container, screw it to the bottom of the can of air and spray away.

Talk to the person at the automotive paint store about how to prepare the surface before youpaint it.

Good luck!

Reply to
Steve