99 Silverado DRL's

This afternoon driving home from work I noticed my left Daytime Running Light was out. (Saw the reflection in a vehicle in front of me at a stop light).
Exactly how do you check the light? The bulb appears to be OK but the only way the lights are on is when you are driving. Putting the vehicle in park, the lights go out. Putting the emergency brake on and the truck in drive, the DRL's don't come on.
I pulled the vehicle in the garage and could see on the wall the left DRL was not on. But I would like to check the voltage at the plug to make sure it is getting power.
Any ideas?
Thanks
I would take the bulb out and check it for continuity, chances are it's just the bulb. GM changed the bulb number to use at least once because they were burning out so fast, so don't go by your owners manual or the number on your old bulb for the replacement.
Al Bottoms Up Divers

Duh! As soon as the thunderstorm is over I will check the bulb for continuity.
Thanks

It is likely the bulb, swap them from side to side and see what happens. Also My daughter has a 97 Saturn and the DRLS are on as soon as you switch on the key and on my 2000 K3500 old style truck they did the same untill I disabled them. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
RHinNC wrote:

Use a set of wheel chocks in front and behind the tire. Turn the key on, shift to neutral. You don't have to start the truck. Rest assured that the bulb is bad. I always see someone with one of them out. I changed mine to 4157LL amber. They lasted 14 months before one burned out. I changed them both.
Doing a little more research waiting for the storm to blow over. The 4157K bulbs which came standard are now being replaced by 4114K bulbs.
I found this out at: http://www.acdelco.com/html/pi_main_new.htm Fairly cool site, go to parts catalog and enter vehicle information. ALL parts for your vehicle are listed.

These lights burn out when the wind blows...haven't you noticed all the one eyed chevy's coming down the road at you?
The entire drl system is a design flaw...they all leak water after a while; when you notice your bulbs burning out after a few months, moisture is the culprit. Then you need to replace the entire lens housing.
There are two metal rods that hold in both the headlight and drivers light housing; remove both rods (they are on top of the headlight housing, you have to open the hood to access) then simply replace the bulb. I have it down to a science...I can pull the housings and replace a bulb in about 20 seconds.