99 Silverado with ATC automatic transfer case doesn't engage to 4WD. Need help.

Page 2 of 2
Well Ian, You called it on the nose, first time out. You know your stuff. I put the other transfer case in and now I have 4WD. And I checked the front
diff fluid and it was completely permeated with metal. You could stick the magnet into any spot of the fluid and come up with a big glob of metal. Now I have to put in a front axle. Thanks again for your help, Doug

Seems weird that you would ruin things if you were careful. But I guess I should stop talking of that which I know not!
~KJ~