99 Sliverado Seatbelt Repair/Replacement

The seatbelt on the passenger seat is not working properly. Once latched, it tightens up (while truck is/is not moving) and will not release unless one unlatches it and relatches it. It seems like the
little swinging thingy that contols it must be not working properly. Any easy way to fix it?
Autumn

I believe that you will find that this is a safety feature for holding infant car seats. See your owners manual.
It should only do the lockup thing when the belt is fully extended first.
Yes, it will drive you crazy. See Federal Gummint. Lynn
you are right lynn, my 99 silverado did that, just dont pull belt all way out.

Adair
There's also a service bullitin out on it, I had problems with my 99 passanger side locking up even when not pulled all the way out. Dealer replaced seat belt under warranty (TSB 01-09-40-001 )

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:51:51 GMT, "Charles Roberts"