Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- 99 Suburban Electrical Problem
October 20, 2004, 3:14 pm
rate this thread
apparent reason, the vehicle will lose all electrical power - and I
mean everything. Power locks won't work, clock resets once power
returns. If you let it sit, the power will eventually return -
sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes 8 hours later.
I've check the battery connections, every ground wire I can find and
wiggle every wire under the hood to try to replicate the problem, but
haven't found a cause yet.
I talked to a service tech at my local Chevy dealer and he said it
sounds like a bad ignition switch. This doesn't make sense to me.
Would a bad ignition switch cut power to everything, including the
power door locks?
Anyone ever have this problem before? Thanks.
- » Decent Independent garage Rugeley, Staffs way?
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Car Maintenance
- » 2015 Prius MFD resets every 5 minutes multi function display
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Toyota Prius