99 Suburban Oil Pressure

The truck gets between 40 and 60 PSI when moving. After warm up at Idle its 22 PSI. Is it time to change the Oil pump? If so, is a standard off the shelf sufficient or should I get a high volume pump? I mostly drive
like grand maw rarely getting above 2500 RPMs! I do need to take this into the mountains on trips and worried about loosing an oil pump!
Skip wrote:

Sounds normal for a GM pump. Idle spec on the small block is 15-30 psi with a 10 PSI increase per 1K rpm. Keep the oil/filter changed and you likely will see the body rot off long before the engine wears out. I have a van here that has about 300K on it, engine still runs like a watch (it does burn about a quart every 1500 miles) but the body is close to God (VERY HOLEY)
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York