'99 Suburban Rear Wiper Arm

I have had several rear window wiper arms on my '99 Suburban. They all end up sticking and not pressing on the window. If I pull them away from the
window they have all stuck in that position. Does anybody know of an aftermarket arm that actually works?
Mike D.

P.S. I have used just about every type of lubricant I can find: WD:40, silicon, teflon, penetrating oil. etc. Nothing I have found does any good for more than a day.
Mike D.
How about a different type of blade? Can you retro a spacer similar on the newer ones that lifts the blade away from the glass when the blade is stowed?
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"Mike Dobony" < snipped-for-privacy@notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

Guess I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant the wiper blade was sticking to the glass.
--
please reply to bargerw NO @ SPAM bellsouth.net and remove the NOSPAM

"Mike Dobony" < snipped-for-privacy@notasarian-host.net> wrote in message

I was never able to solve this issue to my satisfaction on my '94 Suburban K1500 which I bought new. Was OK for first 2-3 years, then gradually got your symptoms. I believe the real culprit is the buildup of salt, water, grit and corrosion in all of the joints and movable parts in the arm assembly. I'd use WD40 buy that just attracted more crud after a short term fix. I'd look at other Tahoes, Suburbans, etc and it seemed to be the case that the wiper pressed against the glass just fine when newer but most got like mine eventually. We live in Alberta, Canada with a severe winter climate, road salt, etc so it was a pain. I figured the only real solution was to replace the entire arm assembly with a new one, but never did. Don't know what that would have cost.