99 Suburban Timing

I have been told that pre 96 model 5.7L, you had to disconnect a wire that went to the computer to time it. Would this be the same on the 5.7 Vortec?
Is there a trick to it?
I believe you will find the is fully computer controlled timing. Look at the emissions label under the hood.

-

Correct.
On a 99 (as in the subject line), no. The timing is totally based upon the signal from the crankshaft position sensor, the crankshaft position sensor is in a fixed position and short of major machine work, is not movable or adjustable.

The trick is; you can't do it.