99 Suburban...will not start...fuel pump?

My truck has 56k miles on it and the dealer replaced the intake gasket, the water pump and the fuel pump prior to my purchase. I have driven it about

1300 miles or so and when I cranked it last, the engine ran for approximately 2 seconds and then cut off. Subsequent tries yielded nothing more than the starter turning over; the engine would not crank. I am not positive, but usually when I turned the ignition, I could hear the fuel pump come on (to prime)...I do not hear this now. Should I anyway or could that have been an indication of a problem? Any ideas on what this may be before I take it back into the dealership...which will probably involve a tow!?!
Reply to
Angela Wrenn

explain this more:

"Subsequent tries yielded nothing more than the starter turning over; the engine would not crank"

I still vote that the fuel pump is your problem, but are you saying that the engine does not turn with the starter?

Reply to
Rusted

The engine would turn over, it just wouldn't start. It's moot now, the dealership sent a rollback for it this afternoon. I luckily had a 90 day limited warranty that covers the fuel pump...unless, of course, they try to tell me it's not the fuel pump, which I know it is.

Reply to
Angela Wrenn