99 Tahoe Blower Motor

Any tips on troubleshooting a non-working blower motor?

If it is the blower motor, how difficult is it to get to?

Thanks in advance.....

Reply to
Riverrat

homer

Find the wire to the motor and check the voltage going in. If you have battery voltage and no fan, the motor is defective. If not, look at the fuse and wiring. I'm assuming it's dead on all speeds including high. Is that true?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
Riverrat

I have the same problem on my 95 K1500 but mine is intermittetent. I haven't removed mine yet but with fan switch on and the motor not running use your hand and hit the bottom of the blower. Mine comes on everytime..........just haven't got around to pulling it out yet. And some advice on removing the glove box........open the glove box and there is a plastic retainer cable on the left side of the box, remove that cable first!!!! Then squeeze the box sides in and the glove box will come out as it rolls thru 90 degrees.........I didn't do that on mine and broke the right side hinge clip............I plastiwelded it back on and works fine now.........been there done that!!!! Just trying to keep somebody else from doing what I did! Mark

Reply to
Mark & Sharla Thompson