'99 Tahoe Fuel Pump

I replaced the fuel pump on my '99 Tahoe and I have a question. When I turn on the ignition and the pump purges, it sounds really "weird". If I had to describe it I would say it sounds like a fuel pump purging but under a heavy load.....like its pumping mud or something. Basically, it just doesn't sound like the original.

since the pump is electronic and electronics either work or don't work (no real gray area) i have to assume all the wiring is done right. you really can't put the pump in wrong (it will only fit one way), all the hoses are in the right place.....what gives?

truck fires up and runs but i don't want to drive it any distance until i can confirm its not going to leave me stranded.

any thoughts?

Reply to
TexasLegend