99 Tahoe GM/Delco CD stereo Q

I have a 99 Tahoe with the Delco cassette deck and a factory single cd add-on that goes in the dash pocket below the hvac controls. I'd like to upgrade to a cd changer while keeping it as "factory" as possible. I'd
rather not mess around with under the seat cd changers...
I see a couple possible options - in-dash 6 disc cd stereo from a later model GM, like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category8641&itemy06133066&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Or a 6 disc component to replace the single cd player in the pocket, like the one shown here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryC948&itemy06605756&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting
Has anyone done this swap successfully? are the connectors the same for the later model Delco radios?
Your 99 uses the same connections from way, way back, to 2002. In 2003 GM changed the connections for their audio equipment. It sucks, because I'm in the same boat as you. I want a new "factory" radio, and none of what I like will fit into my wiring harness.