99 yukon power steering just went out @ 40k what the @^@^%$#

We have a good amount of snow today and I have doing some driving in 4 wheel drive and I take a tight turn in 2 wheel drive (not forcing it -just tight turn) in the snow (maybe 4-6 " of snow) and
now nothing--Fluid is ok--no sensor light on--fluid doesnt smell burnt. this vehicle has only 40k on it. any suggestions??