"99 Z71 Fuel Pump

Fuel pump emitting a low level hum, can be heard at idle out side truck, not inside. Is it something to be worried about and need replacing . 77,000 miles and recently noticed the noise. "99 Silverado, Z71, 5.3

Reply to
Charles Roberts

totally normal, these pumps run like 60psi so they are kinda noisey. the pump on my truck is very noisey. the sending unit is already wacked up and as soon as I get around to it I'm going to have the pump replaced under warranty.. I think the general consensis is that these pumps only last about 100K miles

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Reply to
sidewinder

I feel the need to "beat a dead horse". don't worry unless it stops whining. It should especially want to whine when you turn the key. I have 98 K1500 Z71 and just replaced last week at 108k. Your pump will probably go when you have a full tank of gas:( 100k is the magic #.

I wrote earlier this week that if the pump does go, you can sometimes get it started by hav>If the noise quits then you need to worry. It is normal for the whine.

Reply to
btk