99 Z71 Rear Rotors

I went to replace my rear pads on my Z71 and when I took the rotors in to get turned, they said they were wasted. He said he has been selling rotors left and right for 99's and 00's and even some 01's already. at $106 a
piece, I wasn't real excited about this. Does anyone know if there is a recall or bulletin on this?
-Trial