A/C Compressor 97 S-10

I have a 97 S-10 w/ a 4.3L. The damn A/C stopped working again.I tested all the wires going to the a/c compressor with an Ohm meter, the wires the hook up to the rear of the compressor were fine, the ones going to the clutch were dead, and the wires on the accumulator were fine also. So I am guessing that there is a wiring problem. Plus there is a little white box that two wires spliced into, this is on the clutch switch wires. There is a littler transistor inside this box. Even from there back on the wires there is no signal. What should I do now? Just take it in and have it looked at or what? Its going to be 93 degrees tomorrow, and I need my air, it was working 2 weeks ago when it was hotter than hell. Thanks guys

Sorry I don't know all the terminology, I'm just a back yard mechanic on my own vehicles.

Reply to
KMU

Search hi and low, near and far for an honest mechanic that also knows what they are doing. I know its hard. Very hard. Most honest mechanics don't work for dealerships, because, as they will tell you, they don't like the lying, greedy, criminal management that forces them to do the wrong thing. Take special care watching for those with crosses or fishes on the backs of their personal rigs, or on their desks. If they do go to church, its to get whitewashed and/or look for vulnerable little boys. But many of them use these emblems purely from a marketing perspective, in attempts to gain trust. Follow them around for a day and you'll see readily why you shouldn't. Never trust a young, whippersnapper with slicked hair and glasses who tells you he teaches automechanics at the local community college either, he don't know his ass from a hole in the ground and its been proven many a time. It's easy to fall into the justified "fix it right," crowd who will try to snoball you into paying $600 or more for a fifteen minute $50 job and smile at you as you walk away. Telling you how lucky you were to have saved hundreds of dollars by bringing it to him.

Now, to a possible secret fix for your air. If certain sensors are not working correctly, your air conditioner won't work. It's happened to me. Seemingly totally unrelated equipment that is designed to baffle even the most savvy do it yourself backyard mechanic of old. Even they won't know that they don't need the new compressor they were sold. You'll pay dearly to get these secrets. I am not saying that this this is your AC problem. I'm only saying it was in my case. And as you say, some of the wires are dead, so it's probably not.

Reply to
DJCode

Check engine light on my truck went off. I'm wondering if that hot weather on friday caused my truck to act all funky. I swear this truck is female, and it very edgy.

Reply to
KMU