A/C - Is It Toast?

I have a 1992 S10 Blazer and whenever i turn my slector to A/C you can here the pump (or wahtever) come on then shut off constantly. What would be the
problem, i am only getting hot air. Thanks

Likely low refrigerant and just needs a charge. Keep in mind your system is R-12 so the cans of 134a you can buy at Wal-Mary won't work unless you do a conversion.
Doc