A?C problem

The a/c compressor on my 94 chevy pickupkeeps cycling every few seconds. Not much cold air either anyone have any suggestion on how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Plenty of suggestions but it is not expensive to have your AC system diagnosed by a pro. I'd look at high pressure switch, dryer conditon, expansion valve(if equipped) and maybe plugged orfice. Problem is if you do diagnose the problem I doubt you have the proper equipment to vac and recover your freon then properly recharge your system. Seen too many people buy wal mart recharge kits and over charge, under charge or not remove all the moisture from the system. Waste 100 bucks then take it to a pro and have it fixed right for 75 bucks.

On Sat, 27 May 2006 14:51:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Given the age of the vehcle it is likely low on R134a and that is way it is cycling and not cooling (when system gets low enough, it will not longer even run) so I do not see a switch issue here. You can get a recharge kit with a gage a lot cheaper than tou can pay a tech to lot at it. If you add R134a to it, do not add more than one can unless you really know what you are doing as a overcharge can damage system. ----------------- The SnoMan www.thesnoman.com
Not to argue but there are alot of AC shops that offer diagnosis for 19.95-24.95. Take away ecm controlled AC functions like fan command and WOT compressor off and even more on newer vehicles you are left with the hard parts, high pressure switch and low pressure. You are exactly correct that low freon will cause short cycle and no cycle at all but a restriction will cause high head pressure and the same symptoms. Without the proper tools it is hard to diagnose correctly. I don't think the OP has the correct tools and they cost far more than a shop will charge to do it right. .5 oz of freon will make the diffrence between 50 and 35 vent temp.

Thanks for the answers.One more question ,do i have to remove the under das part of the radio to plug in a aftermarket stereo in the truck? I have what they say is the right adapter for the wiring. No way il it plug in to the under dash part> once again thanks.