A/C problem- 95 Jimmy SLT 4x4

Good day,

I have searched on this and looked at a few different scenarios but I thought I'd ask if anyone has seen a solution firsthand... My A/C blows very cold, the evap/drier get very cold, the low press switch is fine, new condenser, all good. The problem is that sometimes the air will only blow out under the dash or out the top vents. I canhear a slight 'hiss' like there's a vac leak back there in the dash somewhere (maybe the switch, the connector, elsewhere??).

I'm wondering the following:

Is it easy to locate and test the blend door/s? I figured if it's vac actuated and there's a leak, that the door is either not opening or not closing properly???

Is there any way to 'fix' a broken climate control switch?? The dealer wants a fortune for these and I'm having no luck at the bone yards...

I can hear the blower fan blowing like madness but it seems that the air doesn't always make it to the cabin. For some reason, it seems that the problem is intermittent and shows up more when it's hotter than 30 degrees.

Have any of you had the same problem?? Did you fix it??

Thanks and take care, Andrew.

Reply to
AWN

on Tuesday 21 August 2007 04:59 pm, someone posing as AWN took a rock and etched into the cave:

If you need - and if it will help - drop me an email. I've got a Haynes manual from my long-departed '95 SLE. (I got 150,000 miles in seven years from that truck.)

It could use a good home.

Reply to
PerfectReign

I truly appreciate the offer to help but I already have both the Haynes and Chiltons for my vehicle. Now... If you have an IATN or MOD password.... Thanks again! Andrew.

Reply to
AWN