A/C Question--- suggestions, please?

Greetings yet again. My life sucks, but that's a different topic. I have been working on my 1997 Chevy Tahoe and its A/C system. The blower still blows warm air, and I have done the following:
1) Recharged the R-134a refrigerant, with A/C on "MAX";
2) Replaced the A/C Accumulator;
3) Checked the high pressure switch--- it is working.
4) Checked the electromagnetic clutch--- it is working.
5) Checked that the clutch is engaging against the pulley--- it is.
The only thing I can think of that might still be the problem is that the hub key could be missing or otherwise worn out, so that when the clutch engages it does not turn the compressor. I have cycles the A/C clutch off and on and off and on, and I detect no change of load on the engine--- the engine does not appear to be working harder when the clutch is engaged.
Is there anything else I might have missed?
Could it really be a missing or worn hub key?
I have a new hub key, as I bought one when I bought the new A/C Accumulator. I do not have a clutch puller.
David
--
"I haven't seen any defensible explanation of any errors by Miskolczi." --- Bill
Ward

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 19:15:58 -0600, Desertphile

Did you use gauges when you recharged it? What were the gauge readings. Perhaps your compressor is toast.
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 23:53:35 -0700, Ashton Crusher

Alas, I do not have any meters. I did not know compressors go bad.
--
"I haven't seen any defensible explanation of any errors by Miskolczi." --- Bill
Ward

If you feed them liquid 134a they go bad. Did you at least fill the system with a upright 134a can?
Cheers

When servicing something, it helps to understand how it works. And then use the proper tools for the job (pressure gauges).
Note the pressures and what they *should* be will change with the outside temperatures and engine idle speed. Factory service information like that at alldatadiy.com will have complete service instructions.

Golly, I wish I had such tools. Unfortunately I live in a shack in the Santa Fe National Forest. Maybe I should let a professional fix the problem. I suppose the compressor went bad, since when I hand-turn the pulley and clutch I do not feel much resistance.

--
"Enough about Mars. Must get back to making Earth hotter, cutting science
budgets,