A lurker with an answer, ...but first the question

This question has probably been answered by now, but about a year ago someone asked if there was a way to play the radio in a 2002 chevy extended cab with all the doors open & without the door dinger ding'n,
well at that time the answer he got was 'no'. Well owning one myself I too had wondered if there was a way, well today I figured it out. So c'mon you guys, you answer some pretty techy questions here, & rather well I might add, ...so anyone know the answer ?.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Who gives a shit?! If you have the answer...then offer it up, instead of playing 20 questions!
Ian
Now did that really warrant such a cranky response ?, & no 20 questions, just the one.....well, 2 counting the one about crankyness, you guys know a heck of a lot more about what I've read here than I ever hope know, but if all that knowlage has pushed aside ones abilty for a little light-heartedness, I'll stick to being dumb & happy.
There are 2 ways to get that to take place that I am aware of!

1. Duct tape over all the door switch pins?
Sorry, couldn't resist.
Derek
John Smyth wrote:

Derek, in the older models yes, but these don't have your standard door switches. John, ok, now you have me wondering, (2 ways ?), but what I found was that if you flip the door latch mechanism in the door to the latched position it will play the radio with the door open & without the dinger.
also in the conevence center you can pull the small black box making the noise i do that when i have to be under the dash for a while and cant stand the noise any more