A/T vs. M/T Tire Questions

I need to get new tires for my 2001 S10 ZR2. My only experience with off-road tires are when I owned a '97 Explorer and had 31 x 10.5 x 15 Wild Country TXRs. I also had them siped. I really liked these tires both on the pavement and off. I live near the mountains and don't want to do any SERIOUS

4x4-ing, but I love to explore and test (test really means push) my limits. And in the winter where I live we might get anywhere between an inch to a foot of snow.

Anyway, I really love the reviews for the Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO and the Firestone Destination M/T. And since I can get the Wild Country TXR locally at Les Schwab, this is also an option. I guess my questions are, 1) M/T or A/T? Will the A/T be aggressive enough to play in the mountains? Its main appeal is the tread life and the awesome reviews. 2) If I decide on M/T, should I stick with the TXR because I was happy with them before, or would I be even happier with the Destination?

Any input would be appreciated!

Tony

Reply to
Tony F

Vehicles react different to different tread designs. Stick with what you like until you don't like 'em anymore. I personally stay away from Bridgestone's and Firestones. Personal experience and experience of friends. BFG, Michelin, Wild Country, Dunlop...Just a few I trust...

Reply to
Shades

I have used several types of A/T tires before.Personally,the best I`ve ever had was the BFG A/T TA`s.The were great off road,awesome in the snow,and very quiet on the freeway`s.I would highly recommend them. That`s just me,others might have something better to say.

Reply to
Bill