? About S 10 Blazer 4 x 4

I have an Chevy S10 Blazer with a 2.8l V6. I blew the tranny today. I am looking at a couple of different blazers that I can use for parts. What other trannys will interchange? Please remove nospam to reply. TIA Rob

Reply to
Robby S

sidewinder

If you are looking from within the S-series, you can only get another 2.8

4x4 transmission (unless you want to do more than just replacing the tranny straight up). If your's was 2 wheel drive there would be more options. One thing to consider, depending on the condition/mileage of your motor, is you can do both motor and tranny at one time and save yourself headache/time/labor in the future. The 3.1L and 3.4L motors are great replacements for the 2.8L.

Big Chris

Reply to
Big Chris

Sorry I have a 1988 S 10 blazer 2 door 4x4 with the 2.8L and auto tranny..

Reply to
Robby S

Actually, if the tranny needs to go anyway, now would be a GREAT time to get that dog of an engine out of the truck. A 4.3 would swap in easily, it was an option on that year truck. The 4.3 requires a different tranny compared to the 2.8, that's why now would be a GREAT time to do this.

Reply to
Mike Levy

Yup. Additionally, the 700r4 with the standard sbc bell pattern is a heck of a lot easier to find.

Just put a built Vette 700R4 in my 89. All I lack now is to mod the inspection cover to bolt up to the trans, and weld my exhaust back together....

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net