ABS computer reset - how?

Hi.
I have just replaced the front right ABS sensor on my S10 4x4 (1994) and now the ABS light is on all the time. I suspect that the foult is a confused ABS computer, how do I reset it?
Regards //zigge
Other suggest are wellcome :-)

The wires to the sensor was ripped, so I replaced it. After the replacement of the sensor the Warning light stays on. I suspect that the problem is an old code stored in memory... So now I would like a complete idiots guide to resetting the computer memory, connector locations and all. Resetting the computer can not harm the car huu? And if the light come on after the reset then I can better belive it myself - I dont really trust the thing ;-)
Best regards //zigge
"//zigge" wrote

History codes don't cause the light to go on. A present problem (code) is what will cause the light to go on.

It won't work that way, but feel free to do what you think is best.
Ian

Ian, I had almost the same problem with the wifes 94 S series Blazer (Left front ABS sensor) it did the same thing. Put a new sensor in and it still had the light and the same code. Cleared the code and no light for the past 3 months. It was a history code that held the light on mine. So //zigge may be correct.
Anyway to clear the abs codes on a 94 with 4 wheel ABS you turn the ignition ON and put a jumper wire from the A terminal to the H terminal on the DLC for 2 seconds. Remove it for 1 second and put it back on for 2 more, the ABS and brake lights will light and go off if you do it correctly
The A terminal is the Top Right terminal and the H terminal is the Lower row Second from LEFT. ( DLC is the same connector you use to check engine codes, located under the dash.
Re: ABS computer reset - how? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Sat, Dec 6, 2003, 7:36pm (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@home.org (SteveW.)
"//zigge" wrote The wires to the sensor was ripped, so I replaced it. After the replacement of the sensor the Warning light stays on. I suspect that the problem is an old code stored in memory... History codes don't cause the light to go on. A present problem (code) is what will cause the light to go on. So now I would like a complete idiots guide to resetting the computer memory, connector locations and all. Resetting the computer can not harm the car huu? And if the light come on after the reset then I can better belive it myself - I dont really trust the thing ;-) It won't work that way, but feel free to do what you think is best. Ian Ian, I had almost the same problem with the wifes 94 S series Blazer (Left front ABS sensor) it did the same thing. Put a new sensor in and it still had the light and the same code. Cleared the code and no light for the past 3 months. It was a history code that held the light on mine. So //zigge may be correct. Anyway to clear the abs codes on a 94 with 4 wheel ABS you turn the ignition ON and put a jumper wire from the A terminal to the H terminal on the DLC for 2 seconds. Remove it for 1 second and put it back on for 2 more, the ABS and brake lights will light and go off if you do it correctly The A terminal is the Top Right terminal and the H terminal is the Lower row Second from LEFT. ( DLC is the same connector you use to check engine codes, located under the dash. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
A history code will keep your ABS light on...you need to clear all codes ....Then once the wheels rotate 360 degrees the light will go out...Pending on what type of scanner your using...When you clear codes with a Tech II it will clear present and history codes at the same time.....Not too sure about the other ones though...But im sure its not to different.... Steve C

Thanks a million Steve.
A small additional question; how do the connector look like and precisely where is it located?
Best regards
//zigge
It is a rectangular connector mounted on the bottom of the dash panel, near the steering column, Usually black plastic and it will have 12 pins (only has 6 actually populated with connectors). My test connector is a bent paperclip, nothing fancy is needed, just a short piece of conductive metal.
http://www.sportmachines.com/maintenance/aldl.php shows a drawing of the layout, and what some of the codes mean.
http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h/aldl.htm this one has a better diagram of the connector itself.
--
Steve W.