ABS Light just came on`

I have a 95 GMC Sierra 4x4 K1500.....today when I was driving, the ABS light came one. I have checked the fluid, no leaks, the brakes seem to work normally, although I dd not have a chance to see if my wheels would slide or
not. Anything else I should check? How do I reset the light if I cannot find anything wrong? Ideas??
--
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun !! "

light
or
find
My mechanic told me I don't have to have ABS brakes, the normal brakes work just fine. He suggested to put black tape over it. This is the second vehicle I have now had with the ABS light that stays on (Astro Van, GMC Jimmy). My brakes work just fine still. He says he could charge me to turn off the light and fix the problem, but it would cost me quite a bit.

light
or
find
I believe you can pull the code thru the ADL connector (OBDI) It should tell you what is wrong. I had a bad wheel speed sensor on my 95 and this is how I found it.
Cheers

is there a fuse that controls the whole thing that I can pull and see if it resets?

light
slide or

find
Umm, yes. But it does a system check each time you turn the key. I dont know where it is, (my service manual is in the truck, and its 20f out) but It may be in the under hood fuse center. Just follow the labels.
Cheers

I have the same thing happening with my 1990 Blazer...had the front brakes done over after seeing the light but it didn't go off...brakes work ok but when i last had a tire changed I was shocked to see how bad the rear brake drums were.....as I usually only drive it short distances and in the woods........i an not looking to put anymore money in it....brake place wants over 200.00 to replace the drums and rear brakes....hoping to get by....I know but the fronts are all new.
could just be a bad sensor too....I have that dig. dash and my water appears to be over heating too but its not.
Like my body....isn't new any more.
ROBERT F. THOMAS
http://community.webtv.net/gator45/NAVIGATIONDEPTUSS
Did anyone get this resolved without a trip to the GM dealer?
I was told that there is a tool that you can get that can be used to reset the ABS sensor?
Anyone?