ABS probs on 98 Sierra

I'm having problems with my ABS on my 98 GMC Sierra Z71. When I brake the abs seems to come on even on dry pavement, I can hear it and feel it in the
pedal. It requires an extreme amount of pressure and then the ABS seems to turn off and the vehicle stops fast and hard. Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks,
Blair
On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 13:04:17 -0500, "Blair"

If you live in a (high) corrosion area the sensors could be corroded or you could just have a bad wheel sensor. There is a recall for corrosion in certain states.
Alan
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access
I live in Ontario Canada and they put a lot of salt on the roads in winter.
Thanks, I'll check it out,
Blaie

I did with my 99 jimmy, I am not fond of ABS anyways, because I've always owned an older car, so I got under the hood and opened the black fuse box and took out the ABS fuse. The light stays on all the time on the dash, but I dont have to worry about it kicking in when I try to stop suddonly or on a little bit of sand at and intersection.

I ran my 99 Silverado for two years with the ABS fuse removed.
I got a recall notice in the mail last month and took it to the dealer who fixed it in about an hour. Now, those irritating ABS and brake lights are off on the dash, and my faith in GM is restored.
The recall only covers certain states where corrosion is a problem. NH is one of them.