AC Clutch!

I have a 96 s10 4.3 4x4. The clutch is making bearing noises, I do not know how involved it is to replace the bearings. Also is there anyway to remove the clutch without depressurizing the system? And damn Chevy
for making the belt routing with out AC with an extra pulley that will cost $130 to create. Becuase the powersteering bracket is different!!!
I found that it only costs a little more to replace the compressor/clutch combo. If the clutch is worn out, good chance the compressor is not far behind.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Robert Ball wrote:

    12 years ago it was very expensive to get a New replacement compressior. These days it's not that expensive. It's less work to replace the compressior, oil it, and charge the system then it is to go thru replacing the clutch unit or barrings. Charles
"Xroadz" wrote:

anyway
will
It is possible to change clutch without loosing refridgerant.