AC compresser good -switch good no air

thanks for the help. i by passed the low pressure switch and the compresser clutch engaged. so i bought a new GM low pressure line switch, installed it,added freon,and
the dam compreeser still wont engage. only if i bypass the switch will it engage. any more help out there?

What is the low side pressure, with the low-pressure switch jumped and compressor running, at idle and at 2K RPM?
Doc

i used the gauge that comes with the freon refill cans,iknow it was in the blue(the full charge area)not sure if the gauge is by the lbs. i'll check , and get back to you thanks.

did you replace the capillary tube (small filter that lives in the a/c line) My truck was doing the exact same as yours. Turned out to be that little filter was clogged up with crap The a/c now blows out ice cubes

Just FYI but on my 92 when low on freon the heater control flashes AC to indicate low freon and even after charging will not allow the compressor to kick on until I disconnected the battery to reset it.